By Donald Jeffries
In 1860, seven Southern states vowed to secede from the union. After Abraham Lincoln responded with unprecedented heavy-handed tactics, six more states joined them. The division in America then, however, was primarily over the question of central government authority, and, to a lesser degree, slavery.
Civil War-era America had numerous unifying principles. American society was still built upon a belief in God, with the vast majority of the population being Christians. What was considered “moral” for Northerners would have been looked at identically by Southerners. There were few if any cultural divides. There was also no notion that one part of the country desired to “punish” the other part for their beliefs. After four horrific and bloody years, and close to a million Americans killed, the North did desire to punish the South, which resulted in the horrors of Reconstruction.
American society in 2021 is fractured beyond repair. The reason why the First Amendment is so unpopular with “woke” authoritarians is that it protects God-given rights. The virtue-signaling left doesn’t believe in God, so this concept is irrelevant to them. With the successful implementation of undefinable “hate speech” into popular discourse and, increasingly, under law, free speech has essentially been eradicated. For civil libertarians and those still concerned with the rights of all, that’s a serious breach that cannot be compromised.
A new poll by the University of Virginia Center for Politics found that 52% of respondents who’d voted for Donald Trump agreed that the “situation is such that I would favor [Blue/Red] states seceding from the union to form their own separate country.” A still impressive 41% of Joe Biden voters expressed secessionist sentiments. Some Republican officials are beginning to openly support such an idea. After the Supreme Court (supposedly packed with a Trump majority) rejected a lawsuit by the Texas attorney general disputing the 2020 presidential election results, former Texas GOP chairman Allen West commented, “Perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a union of states that will abide by the Constitution.” The seriousness of the division was exemplified by the fact that 80% of those polled, in both parties, felt that the other side represented “a clear and present danger to American democracy.” “The divide between Trump and Biden voters is deep, wide, and dangerous,” declared Larry Sabato, the director of UVA’s Center for Politics. “The scope is unprecedented, and it will not be easily fixed.”
The divide is being driven by the literal insanity of much of the “woke” left’s agenda. Most Americans will find it difficult to ever accept that there are more than two genders, let alone 57, or that males can menstruate, and even give birth. Yet this is what they believe. Margaret Atwood, an iconic figure in identity politics for her fanciful novel The Handmaid’s Tale, is the latest feminist to run afoul of transgenderism. Atwood made the mistake of sharing an article on Twitter that asked, “Why can’t we say ‘woman’ anymore?” The column, written by Rose DiManno in the Toronto Star, noted, “The battleground of language has turned into a battleground of agendas. I am woman and I am roaring.” The angry backlash Atwood received included a tweet that declared, “I hear JKR is looking for friends. You can sit at her table,” a reference to the “canceled” Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. One of those blasting Atwood was a producer for National Public Radio’s “All Things Considered.”
This mad, new “woke” left, led by the likes of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (D-N.Y.) and Rep. Rashida Talib (D-Mich.), is also starting to garner opposition from more traditional, albeit still largely “woke,” Demo-crats. Thoroughly authoritarian “liberals” like trust-fund-baby-turned-“journalist” Donny Deutsch, who once declared that all those voting for Trump “must be racists,” is concerned that his party has swung too far to the extreme left. Deutsch observed that “the AOCs of the world” represent “the socialist kind of pulling all the way to the left is a disaster. And we are staring at a democracy in peril.” He went on to tell MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough, “If we don’t get this right in 2024, it ain’t ever going to be right. You should be sounding the alarm bells of what’s going on now.”
It is becoming very hard for rational Americans to tolerate this nonsense, especially when questioning it results in one being fired and “canceled” on social media and the internet. You can’t have a cohesive country when at least half of the populace doesn’t believe in free speech or other basic human rights. What decent parent could possibly tolerate, let alone support, odious concepts like Transgender Story Hour?
The political prisoners in Washington, D.C., smeared as “insurrectionists” by half of the citizenry, clearly advertise the problem. As Lincoln himself noted, a house divided against itself cannot stand.
Secession is a great idea, as those of us who oppose Trump will NEVER support Trump’s cruelty towards children ( and others):
1. Trump was complicit in the maiming and slaughter of children in Yemen (if he had not been president, he could’ve been charged with murder under US law.
2. Increased the usage of neonicotinoids which kill honeybees (our buzzy little friends that pollinate our food)…. this is a direct attack on the food supply of the nation.
3. Trump ripped off poor college students for tens of millions of dollars. (finally the courts ruled that he had to pay most of it back
4. Trump and his administration allowed much more dangerous pesticides to be put on our food and in our water, many of which are neurotoxins especially damaging to young children.
5. Trump and his congressional minions gave large permanent tax cuts to wealthy corporations, and small disappearing tax cuts to working families.
6. Trump betrayed our allies the Kurds and left them to be displaced and slaughtered by the turks, then he pulled our troops out of other strategic places so that they could protect the Saudi Arabian oil fields, apparently because rich oil sheiks can’t be bothered to protect their own property.
7. The Trump administration allowed a lot more methane and sulfuric acid to be released into the air. (only important if you happen to be an oxygen breather).
8. Trump worked to increase the amount of pollution coming from automobiles, even when the auto manufacturers themselves did not want that to happen.
9. The Trump administration falsely claimed that glyphosate is “safe” , even though it damages human immune systems.
10. Trump issued orders, which were ruled illegal by various courts, that allowed for the kidnapping and traumatizing of children… And he persisted in these horrible actions even after the court orders.
11. Trump issued a proclamation praising Christopher Columbus, a creature who slaughtered innocent people and kidnapped young girls and sold them into sex slavery.
12. Trump pardoned terrorists who killed children.
13. Trump sucked up endlessly to Putin and the Saudis, although for many Trump supporters this seems to be a big “plus“.
14. He proclaimed that COVID-19 would disappear miraculously and that cases would drop to zero… although I will admit that later he clarified his statement by saying that this would be true “eventually“…. so stay tuned.
15. He has been accused of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and even rape by more than 20 women… but maybe they are all lying.
16. He had his lawyers go on television and claim that there was massive vote fraud, but whenever they went to court they would present no evidence, then they would go back on TV and falsely claim that the courts wouldn’t let them present evidence.
17. Trump falsely claimed that China was paying the tariffs when it was actually American businesses or American consumers.
18. He claimed at least 50 times that Mexico would pay for the wall, then he stuck it to the American taxpayers.
19. Trump advocated that five innocent youths should be executed for a crime that he knew they did NOT commit. (Central park 5)