Decades of schizophrenic warnings about global warming and ice ages are bogus.
By Dave Gahary
With non-stop coverage of the latest doomsday doyenne the powers-who-should-not-be have strutted out on the stage, it’s easy to forget just how many times dire warnings have been issued about how the Earth’s climate was on the verge of wiping out all life on the planet.
For those of you fed up with the grating gyrations of Greta Thunberg (the troubled teenager being used by climate-change Chicken Little leftists like George Soros and Bill Gates), here are some nasty little facts the state-run media would love to keep under wraps.
A few months after The Wizard of Oz had its theatrical premiere in Green Bay, Wisc. in 1939, a newspaper headline appeared as follows: “Greenland’s Glaciers Melting, Says Scientist.” “All the glaciers in Eastern Greenland are rapidly melting, declared Prof. Hans Ahlmann, Swedish geologist,” the article screamed. “It may without exaggeration be said that the glaciers, like those in Norway, face the possibility of a catastrophic collapse,” Ahlmann crowed. They just love that word catastrophe, don’t they?
Seven-and-a-half years later, Ahlmann—feted and touted by those much smarter than us—was at it again, issuing his dire warnings: “The possibility of a prodigious rise in the surface of the ocean with resultant widespread inundation, arising from an Arctic climate phenomenon was discussed yesterday by Dr. Hans Ahlmann, a noted Swedish geophysicist at the University of California Geophysical Institute. A mysterious warming of the climate was slowly manifesting itself in the Arctic,” stated Ahlmann, who warned that “oceanic surfaces would rise to catastrophic proportions and people living in the [Greenland] lowlands . . . would be inundated.” It’s no mystery, Hans; it’s nature.
“Polar Ice Thaw Increasing: Glaciers Said To Be Melting,” said the headline. This time, Arctic expert Dr. William S. Carlson said that “the Polar icecaps were melting at an astonishing and unexplained rate and were threatening to swamp seaports by raising the ocean levels.” We’re still waiting, Bill.
Arctic explorer Adm. Donald McMillan was next to warn, stating, “There are now 6 million square miles of ice in the Arctic. There once were 12 million square miles.” Perhaps realizing their dire predictions were not panning out, the “experts” were no longer warning of global warming, but had switched to global cooling, and a coming ice age! You can’t make this stuff up.
The next expert trotted out was James P. Lodge Jr., a scientist at the National Center for Atmospheric Research. In an article titled “Scientist Predicts a New Ice Age by 21st century,” Lodge warned that “[a]ir pollution may obliterate the Sun and cause a new ice age in the first third of the new century.” Uh, Jim, can you pass me those sunglasses?
Things were so dire in the 1970s that two of the nation’s top geologists found it necessary to alert President Richard Nixon of the impending doom. “[A] global deterioration of climate, by order of magnitude larger than any hitherto experienced by civilized mankind, is a very real possibility and indeed may be due very soon. The present rate of cooling,” they warned, “seems fast enough to bring glacial temperatures in about a century, if continuing at the present pace.”
By now, most of the fake news media was on the bandwagon, running story after story on predictions of the coming ice age.
“An international team of specialists has concluded from eight indexes of climate that there is no end in sight to the cooling trend of the last 30 years, at least in the Northern Hemisphere,” squawked the nation’s “newspaper of record.”
The following year, “The Gray Lady” reversed course, predicting an Arctic meltdown, “blaming global warming caused by carbon dioxide emissions. . . . There is a real possibility that some people now in their infancy will live to a time when the ice at the North Pole will have melted, a change that would cause swift and perhaps catastrophic changes in climate.” There’s that word “catastrophic’ again.
Not yet synched to spew identical nonsense, the Chicago Tribune still thought global cooling was the way to go, and “reported” some more unfounded, dire warnings about a freezing planet. Toward the end of the 1980s, however, the global warming playbook was adopted by all in the fake news media, who have been constantly predicting polar icecap “melting on a catastrophic scale.” And of course, our good friends in the fake news media would never put the below in their fine papers or networks:
In a Sept. 24, Breitbart News Network headline, “500 Scientists Write UN: ‘There Is No Climate Emergency,’ ” the only news platform with some heft reported on the letter sent from the oft-overlooked “scientists and professionals in climate and related fields” to the United Nations, “asking for a long-overdue, high-level, open debate on climate change.” The two-page letter should have been splattered across the pages and screens of all the major media, but here’s why it wasn’t, as revealed by its main points:
- There is no climate emergency.
- Warming is far slower than predicted.
- Climate policy relies on inadequate models.
- CO2 is plant food, the basis of all life on Earth.
- Global warming has not increased natural disasters.
- Policy must respect scientific and economic realities.
- Natural as well as anthropogenic factors cause warming of the Earth.
A wise man once said, “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.” Another wise man once said, “Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one.”
Thank God there are honest alternative media outlets like American Free Press still publishing the truth about contentious topics.
Dave Gahary, a former submariner in the U.S. Navy, prevailed in a suit brought by the New York Stock Exchange in an attempt to silence him. Dave is the producer of an upcoming full-length feature film about the attack on the USS Liberty. See erasingtheliberty.com for more information and to get the new book on which the movie will be based, Erasing the Liberty.
When I first saw the Mendenhal Glacier in Juneau Alaska 40 years ago I was stunned by its magnificence. The next time I saw the glacier I was shocked to discover, that it is gone! Melted!
I think not climate change is normal and nothing to worry about tree’s and all plant life needs carbon.For those who think were all at deathe’s door they should think about cleaning our Ocean’s after all they control our weather.
The climate is always changing many times a day – who can say how many seconds, minutes, days, years, decades, centuries have to pass before we arbitrarily call it climate change. Gods controls the weather and he speaks to we sinners through the weather. He gets our attention, he chastens his children using weather, etc. – 🙂
Yep it was the cave mans SUVs that caused a number of Ice ages.
Here’s some others: “It will without doubt have come to your Lordship’s knowledge that a considerable change of climate, inexplicable at present to us, must have taken place in the Circumpolar Regions, by which the severity of the cold that has for centuries past enclosed the seas in the high northern latitudes in an impenetrable barrier of ice has been during the last two years, greatly abated.
(This) affords ample proof that new sources of warmth have been opened and give us leave to hope that the Arctic Seas may at this time be
more accessible than they have been for centuries past, and that discoveries may now be made in them not only interesting to the advancement
of science but also to the future intercourse of mankind and the commerce of distant nations. “President of the Royal Society, London, to the Admiralty, 20th November, 1817
– New York Times, Jan. 2, 1870 – “Is our climate changing? The succession of temperate summers and open winters through several years, culminating last winter in the almost total failure of the ice crop throughout the valley of the Hudson, makes the question pertinent. The older inhabitants tell us that the winters are not as cold now as when they were young, and we have all observed a marked diminution of the average cold even in this last decade.”
– New York Times, June 23, 1890 – “The question is again being discussed whether recent and long-continued observations do not point to the advent of a second glacial period, when the countries now basking in the fostering warmth of a tropical sun will ultimately give way to the perennial frost and snow of the polar regions.”
– New York Times, Feb. 24, 1895 – Professor Gregory of Yale University stated that “another world ice-epoch is due.” He was the American representative to the Pan-Pacific Science Congress and warned that North America would disappear as far south as the Great Lakes, and huge parts of Asia and Europe would be “wiped out.”
– Chicago Tribune, Aug. 9, 1923 – “The discoveries of changes in the sun’s heat and southward advance of glaciers in recent years have given rise to the conjectures of the possible advent of a new ice age”
– Time Magazine, Sept. 10, 1923 – Headline: “America in Longest Warm Spell Since 1776; Temperature Line Records a 25-year Rise”
– New York Times, March 27, 1933- “America is believed by Weather Bureau scientists to be on the verge of a change of climate, with a return to increasing rains and deeper snows and the colder winters of grandfather’s day.”
– Associated Press, Dec. 15, 1934 – Warming Arctic Climate Melting Glaciers Faster, Raising Ocean Level, Scientist Says – “A mysterious warming of the climate is slowly manifesting itself in the Arctic, engendering a “serious international problem,” Dr. Hans Ahlmann, noted Swedish geophysicist, said today.
– New York Times, May 30, 1937 – “Greenland’s polar climate has moderated so consistently that communities of hunters have evolved into fishing villages. Sea mammals, vanishing from the west coast, have been replaced by codfish and other fish species in the area’s southern waters.”
– New York Times, Aug. 29, 1954 “An analysis of weather records from Little America shows a steady warming of climate over the last half century. The rise in average temperature at the Antarctic outpost has been about five degrees Fahrenheit.”
Climate deniers need to come to NSW state in Australia right now to watch unfold the unprecedented Bush fire catastrophe exacerbated by record drought and record summer heat in spring said to be caused by the failure of the Northern Indian monsoons facing the whole state from North to Sydney the first time under threat. To deny climate change whether man made or not is irrelevant that we are in a existential crisis is so obvious to 14 million Australians that your continuous frothing of denial at the mouth is ludicrous and like your flat earth bull shite will make your site not just exposed to ridicule but dangerous to life by wasting humanities precious time to prepare for this ongoing catastrophe by insisting on ‘business as usual’ your site is committing crimes against humanity