By Victor Thorn —
United States Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernard “Bernie” Sanders (I-Vt.) has spoken out against the banking cartel, anti-American global trade deals and the military-industrial-banking complex. He also stands behind American workers.
But on other issues, an alarming number of red flags surrounding this man should fill voters with a great deal of concern.
If given the opportunity to interview Sanders, this writer would pose the following 10 questions that liberal mainstream media pundits refuse to broach.
1. You are Jewish and have defended Israel’s attack on Gaza in the summer of 2014. In Congress, you lent your support to a resolution of “unanimous consent” for this brutal assault. On the other hand, you chose to skip Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech before the House and Senate on March 3. You have also come out in support of a U.S. deal with Iran over its nuclear program. Considering the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s enormous influence over America’s political process, would you unquestioningly support Israel if you were elected president?
2. In light of the cold-blooded murder of 32-year-old San Francisco woman Kathryn Michelle “Kate” Steinle at the hands of Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, an illegal alien and seven-time felon, do you still walk in lockstep with other Democrats by supporting sanctuary cities?
3. With hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens flooding into this nation each year, could you expand upon your refusal to support the building of a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border, as well as your opposition to declaring English as this country’s official language?
4. On July 27 during a “Meet the Press” appearance, you stated, “Guns used to kill people exclusively, not for hunting, should not be sold in the United States of America.” The National Rifle Association backs you, but you have advocated the banning of many firearms, including rifles and shotguns. Why do you feel such an aversion to the Second Amendment?
5. You’re a self-professed socialist. During a July 30 interview with MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz refused to differentiate between a Democrat and a socialist. Many political commentators today see little, if any, variance between Obama Democrats and socialists. Could you please clear up this confusion?
6. In the past you’ve voted against outlawing partial-birth abortions, a practice that involves full-term babies being extracted from the womb (except for their heads) and exterminated. Now that Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s atrocious organ-harvesting practices have been exposed, have you reevaluated your stance on partial-birth abortion and the taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood?
7. You’ve voted against the definition of marriage as one man, one woman, while also receiving a 100% favorable rating from pro-homo sexual organizations. Would your cultural agenda as president reflect what has already been established by presidents Barack Hussein Obama and William Jefferson “Bill” Clinton?
8. You propose to lower the nation’s national debt via increased government stimulus spending. Since this approach failed under the Obama administration, would you once again squander trillions of dollars on this?
9. You’ve floated the idea of providing two free years of education to anybody enrolling at a university with taxpayers funding the bill. Would this become a reality if elected president?
10. Your strongest opponent, Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton, has been plagued by scandal after scandal. Do you think she has the honesty and integrity to be president of the United States?
Victor Thorn is a hard-hitting researcher, journalist and author of over 50 books.
It’s just those other ideas that we are a little worried about. 😉
Does the author really believe that keeping our present college costs high is a good thing?
I am old enough to remember when costs for public education at a college level were either free or minimal. These low costs allowed student to work their way through school with part time jobs while incurring little or no debt.
This was before the university/financial/political complex went hog wild supplying student loans in an attempt, just like any loan shark (or credit card company for that matter), to very cynically but permanently trap these young and naive borrowers in debt. When these new loans became increasingly abundant, colleges sought to jump on this new gravy train by grossly increasingly tuition costs. It has ended up with poor and middle class student increasingly having to rely on these loans to pay for their education. These loans, in turn and over time, are now increasingly proving to be unpayable.
I am in a business that reviews the financial records of applicants for apartment. People like the author do not seem to realize just how crippling student debts can become of the effects of compounding.
I think that public college tuition should again be either free or low cost. I also think that government education insured loans should be much harder to get.
The cuts in tuition can easily be done by significantly cutting the defense budget.
I also think that these financially strangled students should be able to declare bankruptcy on such loans, just as they are able to do with non-governmental generated debt.