Has Massive WWII Gold Hoard Been Found?

“The biggest economic discovery in history . . . worth “$100 trillion”

By Dave Gahary

A man claiming to have in his group’s possession the legendary treasure known as “Yamashita’s Gold,” consisting of over $100 trillion worth of precious metals and bank funds, was released from federal prison on July 3, 2013, and has agreed to speak with AMERICAN FREE PRESS to discuss details of the matter. He stated to this newspaper that “this money will pay off the budget deficit, and provide for Social Security and healthcare for perpetuity.”

Involved throughout this matter are top United States and international financiers and public officials, whose names would be recognized by this newspaper’s readers, as well as agents of U.S. intelligence agencies, with political intrigue running throughout. If the claims of this man are found out to be truthful, this could be part of a ground-shaking event that could significantly change the course of history for all of us.

In the April 2, 2012 issue of AFP, on page 9, John Tiffany, assistant editor of THE BARNES REVIEW magazine, penned an article entitled “The Secret WWII Gold Hoard That Changed the World,” about “the looting of the national treasures found” in “a large swath of the globe, including most of the Pacific islands and all of eastern Asia” by Japan. The treasure belonged to “Britain, Netherlands and France, which had moved their gold to Asia ‘for safety’s sake,’ and 13 Asian nations invaded by Japan.”

John based the article on the book Gold Warriors: America’s Secret Recovery of Yamashita’s Gold, written by “historians and respected investigative journalists Sterling and Peggy Seagrave,” who detailed who was involved and how the loot was used, specifically for “the financing of U.S. cloak-and-dagger operations,” “to create a vast slush fund,” and for “an asset base that was used by Washington to beef up the treasuries of its allies, to bribe politicians and to manipulate elections.”


Softcover, 365 pages


Buy Book Button

On July 24, 2013, John received an email which stated:

Dear Mr. Tiffany,

 I left a message at your office to please call me. I have the assets you wrote about in your March 2012 article. I have been detained by USA authorities for 3 years for not turning them over without a contract or knowledge of how they would be used and to keep the discovery a secret. I have the largest treasure find in history and need an outlet to expose it all. Please call me to discuss this.

John contacted this writer to follow up, and on July 29 this writer met with the man, referred throughout this article as Mr. Gold, who sent the email, for around three hours at an undisclosed location. This was the first time Mr. Gold has spoken to the print media, and AFP is the beneficiary of this exclusive story because the mainstream media has not yet reported on it, although a mainstream television network interviewed Mr. Gold in prison. Mr. Gold has been told that this story may be on TV in the coming months, including a display of parts of the find.

The location as well as his identity will remain obscured until Mr. Gold feels comfortable with the disclosure. He has promised to reveal more in coming articles published by AFP. His story is extremely significant and frightening, if only for his claims. In fact, at 8 o’clock in the morning of the 29th, the day we met, he received a call from a retired Central Intelligence Agency officer who told him, “Protect yourself, you’re a target. You have to be careful.”

The reason that the case has resurfaced is because Mr. Gold was released from the Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) in Cumberland, Maryland, which houses minimum and medium security male offenders, on July 3, 2013, after serving his sentence for mail fraud, which began on October 19, 2010. Prior to that, he was held at the Metropolitan Detention Center (MDC) Brooklyn, New York, from February 19, 2010, until his transfer to FCI Cumberland, where he “was kept in a room with murderers, rapists and gang members,” among others. During his time in MDC Brooklyn, he says “I laid on the bed for nine months,” in order to steer clear of the hardened criminals, who were mostly minorities, in both facilities. The mail fraud charge was bogus, claims Mr. Gold, because “I never mailed a letter to anyone” and “nothing [was] mailed to me.”

The story begins in 1997, when Mr. Gold, a former high-powered Manhattan-based accountant, and two associates, one a California-based physician and the other a Florida-based engineer, formed a group to retrieve “Yamashita’s Gold,” as the treasure trove has been called. They were introduced to the booty by the family of the physician’s wife, a Filipina. The physician had spent up to 10 months of the year in the Philippines tending to the locals, who he had forged a relationship of trust with, and they shared intimate details of the treasure with him.

From 1997 until 2004, the team conducted an inventory of the find, including the verifying of the many bank accounts associated with it. In April of 2004, an agreement was reached between the group and World Bank executives that the group would receive “a sum equivalent to USD 0.02 United States Dollars” of everything that’s turned over. The Washington, D.C.-based World Bank, which was “created at the 1944 Bretton Woods Conference, along with three other institutions, including the International Monetary Fund,” has as its motto, Working for a World Free of Poverty. This is significant because the group wants the assets used for the good of humanity. Mr. Gold claims “it is the biggest economic discovery in history,” where “between the physical assets and the bank accounts there is approximately $100 trillion.”


In November 2004, the group hired a team of ex-military men “to repatriate the bunker assets,” but the team “failed to perform on their signed contract,” which came back to haunt Mr. Gold. The next year, the group contacted the United States Treasury to inform them of their find, and to hammer out a similar agreement as the one they made with the World Bank executives.

Although no agreement was reached, Mr. Gold claims an agent from the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and a “buyer of precious metals” took him out to lunch at a fancy restaurant “on 5th Avenue” in Manhattan in spring of 2008, where they discussed the find for several hours. That was his only meeting with the CIA agent, but he “was in touch often” with the buyer. Six months later, Mr. Gold was indicted in a matter he claims to have had no involvement with.

In 2008, the team of ex-military men through their company, B.I.M. Mining Corp., a Nevada “C” corporation, fraudulently raised a bit over $1 million “from people, claiming they had assets in Mexico and the Philippines,” and were sued civilly on March 26, 2008, by one of the investors (PETER VALENTINI V. B.I.M MINING CORP., GREGORY C. SCARLOTO, HARRY K. KAHALE, and RICHARD GRAHAM). Mr. Gold was not a party to the suit, which back his claims that he had no knowledge of B.I.M.’s actions. “The last I heard from B.I.M. was in November 2004, when they failed to show up in the Philippines,” he said. “They did not even recognize me when I walked into the courtroom.”

On the heels of the civil suit, the U.S. government sued BIM, (UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, v. HARRY KAHALE, et al., Defendants.) not naming Mr. Gold in the suit, but adding him “a day later as a co-conspirator from the East Coast.”

On April 15, 2009, at 6 o’clock in the morning, Mr. Gold was arrested at home by agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). “Eight men with guns shackled and handcuffed me in front of my family,” said Mr. Gold.

After freezing all of Mr. Gold’s assets, he was forced to use a public defender and went through a “bizarre, intense and surreal” 21-day trial in 2010. According to Mr. Gold, his lawyer refused to call any witnesses who were prepared to testify, at one point telling him, “I alone decide who testifies. If you want witnesses, tell the judge you’re representing yourself.” He was sentenced to 51-months behind bars on October 12, 2010 and imprisoned. He claims his family was approached several times by the FBI, which may have affected his wife decision to file for divorce and his children to disown him. Incredibly, and backed up by a half dozen witness accounts, the FBI agent on the case called Mr. Gold’s clients and requested that they not pay him, using the phrase “help me get him,” in a successful attempt to cause economic stress.

While incarcerated in FCI Cumberland, Mr. Gold was visited many times by the United States Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS), “the primary security, counter-intelligence, counter-terrorism, and law enforcement agency of the U.S. Department of the Navy,” and other intelligence agencies. During one visit with NCIS, they warned him, “Don’t tell anybody we were here; it’s for your protection.” In another visit they stated that, “We don’t want this administration [Obama] to get the assets.”

Mr. Gold will be ready to divulge further information on this matter with this newspaper in two weeks.

Man at Center of Massive WW2 Gold Hoard Fearing For Safety

By Dave Gahary

The man referred to as “Mr. Gold” who was featured in the August 12, 2013 edition of AMERICAN FREE PRESS, entitled “Has Massive WWII Gold Hoard Been Found?” has reached out to this reporter with concerns for his safety.

Mr. Gold claims to have in his group’s possession the legendary treasure known as “Yamashita’s Gold,” consisting of over $100 trillion worth of precious metals and bank funds. He was released from federal prison on July 3, 2013, and spoke with AFP to discuss details of the matter, the first time he had spoken to the print media.

Mr. Gold’s involvement with this matter began in 1997, when as a former high-powered Manhattan-based accountant, and two associates, one a California-based physician and the other a Florida-based engineer, formed a group to retrieve the treasure trove. They were introduced to the booty by the family of the physician’s wife, a Filipina. The physician had spent up to 10 months of the year in the Philippines tending to the locals, who he had forged a relationship of trust with, and they shared intimate details of the treasure with him.

After his release from prison, he was placed on home confinement until October 31, 2013, and is required to travel from his New Jersey location to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, for urine, breath, and sometimes blood tests, to monitor any potential alcohol and/or drug use.

As Mr. Gold told this reporter in an email, “The prison system has me going three to four times a week [on] four-hour round trip drives for urine tests every week to see if I am drinking or using drugs, and the tests are always negative; I never used drugs in my life, but they make me keep going.”

“The prison system” he is referring to is actually a private company contracted by the massive United States prison complex to provide ancillary services to released prisoners such as Mr. Gold.

Employees from King of Prussia, Pa.-based The Kintock Group are the ones showing up at Mr. Gold’s residence and calling him throughout the week. According to its website, “Founded in 1985, The Kintock Group, a non-profit organization, contracts with federal, state and county law enforcement agencies to provide cost effective alternatives to incarceration and re-entry services for individuals transitioning from the criminal justice system to the community.

“Kintock is dedicated to preventing and reducing crime.  Specifically, Kintock develops and provides transitional services to assist clients in making and sustaining transformative changes.”

According to a December 29, 2012 The New York Times article entitled “Halfway Houses Prove Lucrative to Those at Top, in New Jersey, “only nonprofit groups can obtain halfway-house contracts.” The article also pointed out that non-profits such as Kintock pay their higher-ups well.

Kintock’s founder was paid “roughly $7 million in salary and benefits over the past decade,” and his “daughter, brother-in-law and son-in-law altogether received more than $2.5 million during that period.”

Regardless of the Constitutionality of asking an accused or convicted to “pee in a cup,” Mr. Gold has been abiding by all requests, for fear he will be incarcerated again.

Besides the forced alcohol and drug tests, Mr. Gold says he is also required to pay Kintock a portion of his earnings. This reporter phoned Kintock for clarification on their policies and procedures and got a call back with a person’s name and number who handles media requests. Several attempts to reach this person were unsuccessful.

“So now they called me and told me I need to pay them every week to stay home,” explained Mr. Gold in an email. “They demand 25 percent of what I earn or back to prison. I told the prison officials” [that] “I have been home 60 days cultivating relationships that have not heard from me in three years. I have not closed anything yet to pay you with; it takes time. I work from 3 a.m. until 8 p.m. every day reestablishing relationships around the world,” and “I have about 16 contracts out getting close to fruition but it is a process.”

Mr. Gold claims Kintock’s response was “pay us or stay in prison until October 31.”

It is for this reason that Mr. Gold reached out to this reporter.

“They are looking for ways to keep me from exposing the truth,” he wrote. “It is extremely risky for me to go back into the system. Men in my situation with such discoveries all died being held in prison. I want you to be aware as a journalist I trust.”

“I have to have payments by October 4, show them my check and leave them 25% in cash every week until October 31,” he explained. “It is just more and more pressure to hide the truth.”

Kintock is careful not to leave a paper trail. “Nothing in writing, just phone calls,” wrote Mr. Gold.

There may be more interesting news on the horizon for Mr. Gold, though, and AFP will keep you up-to-date with further developments.

Donate to us

Dave Gahary, a former submariner in the U.S. Navy, is the host of AFP’s ‘Underground Interview’ series.

Be sure to check out all of AFP’s free audio interviews. You’ll find them on the HOME PAGE, ARCHIVES & AUDIO section.


The Secret WWII Gold Hoard That Changed the World

March 18, 2012

By John Tiffany

During World War II, Japan conquered a large swath of the globe, including most of the Pacific islands and all of eastern Asia. Emperor Hirohito, portrayed as an innocent “marine biologist,” in reality directed the looting of the national treasures found throughout this large chunk of the world. These include the wealth of Britain, Netherlands and France, which had moved their gold to Asia “for safety’s sake,” and the national treasures of 13 Asian nations invaded by Japan.

Why they call it Yamashita’s gold is anyone’s guess. In reality, it was the treasure of Hirohito. Yamashita merely worked for Hirohito.

The royal family was put in charge of supervising the whole process, and as much booty as possible was taken to Japan. Many treasure ships were scuttled in Tokyo Bay, with an eye to salvaging the loot when the war was over.

Some of the treasure was first taken to the Philippines. But the Americans began sinking Japanese ships left and right, so the emperor and his family decided to hide much of the treasure in caves in the Philippines, expecting and hoping that the islands would remain in Japanese hands at the end of the war and the loot could then be recovered.

The routine was to select a good cave, fill it with treasure, and then blowup the entrance to the cave, with the workers sealed inside where they would soon die.

After the war, many secret deals were made by the United States government to let Japanese war criminals, especially the top criminal, the emperor, and the royal family, off the hook. In exchange, much of the stolen gold, silver, gems, antiquities etc was secretly taken by U.S. government insiders, particularly the Office of Strategic Services (OSS)/Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and various generals in the military. This is where the secret agency got its first big financing—under the table of course. This secret dealing was itself one of the greatest crimes of the 20th century.

Noted historians and respected investigative journalists Sterling and Peggy Seagrave, in their book Gold Warriors: America’s Secret Recovery of Yamashita’s Gold, documented the  multibillion dollar World War II loot, valued at perhaps over 120 billion 1945 dollars.

In December 1937, Japan declared war on China and surrounded the capital city, which at that time was Nanking. Prince Chichibu, younger brother of Hirohito, had been chosen to direct the ultra-secret treasure-looting team. This team was given a code name of “the Golden Lily” after a poem the emperor had written, and 6,600 tons of gold were recovered from Nanking alone, plus silver and precious stones. That was just the beginning of the emperor’s loot-the-world operation.

On December 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor suffered a “surprise” attack from the empire of Japan, delivering a crippling blow to U.S. military forces.

The “island fortress” of Singapore soon fell to General Tomoyuki Yamashita (February 1942), and with General Douglas MacArthur pulling out of the Philippines, abandoning his men, the last American and Filipino troops surrendered to Japan’s General Masaharu Homma. The infamous Death March began.

Japanese victories on all fronts were heady. Burma was in Japanese hands by March, 1942. Plans had been drawn up to invade Australia. Southeast Asia and most of the islands in the Pacific were as good as Japan’s.

Yasuhito, Prince Chichibu of Japan’s royal family, in Singapore, was very pleased when his men found the treasures of Britain stored in Asian banks. Another pleasant surprise experienced by Prince Chichibu was the discovery that the Dutch had moved their treasures to the East Indies. Not only did Japan have the wealth of the Asian continent, but they were now rewarded with much of the European treasures as well.

Collection of wealth throughout the conquered lands continued. With over 5,000 years of Asia’s antiquity to pillage, the amounts collected were astronomical. With Shanghai in their hands, the Golden Lily team found themselves stretched to the limit keeping up with the collection and melting down of precious metals.

Japan’s luck, however, started to run out by May, 1942. Their first setback was the Battle of the Coral Sea, where the Allies had forced Japan to turn back her invasion fleet, which Hirohito had planned to land in New Guinea and the Solomon Islands. The following month they suffered another big setback with the Battle of Midway, where Japan lost four carriers and the cream of her aviators. These were the very ships and pilots that had attacked Pearl Harbor five months earlier. In August, the U.S. landed an invasion force on Guadalcanal. Japan tried for months to dislodge the American Marines but eventually had to concede this island base. After that, Japan was unable to launch another major offensive anywhere.

The war would drag on for three years, while the Japanese gradually lost the lands that they had conquered. Hirohito’s dream was ending, and  his nightmare had begun.

By mid-1942 Prince Chichibu was faced with the challenge of where and how to hide the treasures so that they could not be discovered after the war. He decided the loot would have to be hidden in caves and tunnel systems.

As the Seagraves explain, a pivotal event in the recovery of the Golden Lily caches was the torture of General Yamashita’s driver, who eventually confessed the whereabouts of some of the repositories.

After the war, much of the hidden gold and treasure was gathered up by Severino Diaz Garcia Santa Romana, an OSS and CIA agent, known as Santy. Santy worked with U.S. General Edward Lansdale and other corrupt U.S. generals and politicians, to secrete the gold in foreign bank accounts. The stolen loot was utilized for a variety of purposes, in particular the financing of U.S. cloak-and-dagger operations.

The booty was combined with more treasure stolen from the Nazis to create a vast slush fund called the Black Eagle Trust, which ultimately became a source of enormous corruption, luring many individuals into temptation and, sometimes, death.

This bloody gold gave the Truman administration access to virtually limitless unvouchered funds for secret, and usually unconstitutional, operations.

It also provided an asset base that was used by Washington to beef up the treasuries of its allies, to bribe politicians and to manipulate elections.

It is a vast story and in this space we can only point out some highlights. But the purpose of Gold Warriors, by the Seagraves, is to reveal why so  little is known of the massive Japanese looting of the world, and the devious and unconstitutional role Washington politicians and bureaucrats played in the taking over of much of this booty and glossing over horrible Japanese atrocities, especially by the emperor and royal family, and the cover-up of all of this, which continues to this day. They have backed up their book with extensive research, and it is a very important contribution to the field of authentic, Revisionist history.

Donate to us

John Tiffany is assistant editor of THE BARNES REVIEW magazine of revisionist history and nationalist thought and has been interested in diverse ethnic groups and ancient history around the world. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in biology from the University of Michigan and is the copy editor for AMERICAN FREE PRESS.